Posted by : Anton Daniel De la Cruz Thursday, March 24, 2011


TITLE: Steampunk Golems
Software(s): Autodesk Maya 2008, Adobe Photoshop, Mental Ray via HDR
Completion Time: 6 days 2 hours
Client: First Academy of Computer Arts - Thesis

This is the 2nd and last piece I presented for my Demo Reel defense at the First Academy of Computer Arts. And this work was also featured on Philippine Daily Inquirer's Tech Section last October 2008.
The whole scene is a high polygon environment with more than 300,000 faces... and was a pain to render with a mobile workstation. I was supposed to animate this scene back then, but with the restrictions of mobile workstation, I wasn't able to.

Anyhow, the renders had Specular Maps as well as an Occlusion Pass.

The scene was inspired by the films: Steamboy and Steam Detective.



occlusion pass of the main scene.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © manifestations - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -