- Back to Home »
- Fashion/Apparel Design »
- Diseño - ART to WEAR
Remembered creating these for my thesis way back 2008. And later after that, became my personal collection that pushed me further to pursuing fashion design.
Diseño - ART to WEAR or simply ART to WEAR is an apparel collection that focuses on the use of BATIK, or wax-dyed fabrics. The process in creating Batik is native to the Indonesians. But later spread forth to Malaysia, Philippines, Borneo and the rest of South-East Asia.
When I made this collection, I even had my try on creating Batik myself using candle wax heated and placed on a "cap" and applied to the fabric. Let the design dry for a few hours... cracking the wax a little will add crackling designs... then pour the fabric with cold dye. and let it dry for a day.
"Feya's" Batik was made by me... took me a week and a half just to finish the creation of the Batik with 4 repeated processes to attain the right colors and design.
Here are a few of the 12 designs I made... which only 6 were produced.
============
Wasn't able to do some additional photos with the other produced designs: but here's an additional swatch and design board
And some photo I found from my old stash of photos during my thesis presentation worn by my models then are the "Rosa" and "Flordelize" designs








